Creating blogs takes a lot of time and effort. But does it always pay off? If you have noticed that your blog conversion rates are dropping, or you have never been satisfied with the results, to begin with, don’t lose hope just yet.
In this article, we will walk you through six new strategy tips on how to increase your blog conversion rates:
1. Optimize your blogs for search intent.
2. Optimize your blogs for keywords.
3. Create valuable content.
4. Create an eye-catching CTA.
5. Simplify your homepage.
6. Promote your blog posts.
1. Optimize your blogs for search intent
Search intent is the reason behind users’ queries. Aligning your blogs with the search intent is very important as it leads to improved engagement, higher ranking in Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs), and better blog conversion rates.
We can distinguish for types of search intent:
- Navigational – the user is searching for a specific website or looking for a product by its name.
- Informational – the user is looking to learn something or obtain specific information.
- Transactional – the user is interested in buying or signing up for something right away.
- Commercial – the user is researching a product or a service they might be interested in buying.
Certainly, your blog section should respond to an informational type of search intent. The most common search intent begins with the “how to?” question. Others might include opening words such as:
- What is…
- X ways to…
- A complete tutorial on…
- A guide for…
- Quick tips to…
- The purpose of…
- Why you should…
- X strategies for…
- X reasons for…
When you try to correspond to search intent, make sure your headline reflects the value of the content and is keyword optimized, which brings us to the next section.
2. Optimize your blogs for keywords
Markedly, the keywords are a crucial part of the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy.
By integrating keywords within your blog posts, you will increase your visibility in organic searches and establish yourself as an authority in your field.
When optimizing your blog posts for SEO, avoid keyword stuffing as it can hurt your ranking in SERPs and make a poor reader experience. Instead, try focusing on one or two long-tail keywords.
For example, the long-tail keyword title “how to scale a new business” is much more effective than the short keyword phrase “new business.” It is also more intent-based and aligns with your readers’ ultimate goal.
We recommend placing your keywords strategically in the following places:
- Title tag (headline)
- Headers and body
- Meta description
Your blogs shouldn’t focus solely on keywords; they also need to bring value to your readers.
3. Create valuable content
The best digital strategy agencies use blogs to drive more traffic to the websites, keep the customers updated, improve internal linking, etc. But to achieve all these goals, they need to create valuable content.
Valuable content is the only content that matters. It should be:
- Authoritative – demonstrate your expertise on a subject, use statistic data, and case studies, and establish trust in your business.
- Informative – answer your readers’ questions and outline the purpose of your blog post.
- Readable – write in simple language, be concise, use common font styles, images, and light background.
- Fresh – make sure your content is always up-to-date and relevant.
Valuable content sprinkled with keywords will attract more organic traffic to your website, but your Call-To-Action (CTA) button is what ultimately converts your readers to customers.
4. Create eye-catching CTA
A CTA is a vital component for your blog conversion rate as it serves to invite your readers to take a desirable action – buy your product, use your services, etc.
When you design a CTA for your blog posts, try doing the following:
- Display your CTA at the end of your blog post, or use Slide-In CTA that won’t distract your readers from the text. Avoid using Pop-up CTA as they can be annoying for your readers.
- Make your CTA easy to spot by using colors that contrast the background.
- Use words that encourage action and give a sense of urgency like “sign up today,” “download now,” “buy now,” etc.
5. Simplify your homepage
Your homepage should leave a good first impression on your readers, showcase your work, and control your readers’ journey. To achieve this, remove obstacles and distractions from your homepage. Also, use limited color schemes and focus only on essential elements.
It should be straightforward and easy to navigate. If you have trouble developing your homepage for simplicity and user-friendliness.
6. Promote your blog posts
After spending all that time and effort in the creation process, surely, promotion is the next logical step in optimizing your blogs for higher conversion rates.
Here are four ideas to consider for your blog posts promotion:
1. Share your blogs on social media – focus on the most relevant social network, engage with people on social media platforms, and take part in social groups, communities, and forums. If you are using platforms like Instagram then try to use free Instagram schedulers for users convenience. In case you are working on an HTML-based blog and want to use social media analytics to easily promote your blog, the Novi Builder website editing tool can easily help you.
2. Leverage your content – expand your audience by curating, aggregating, repurposing, and syndicating your content.
3. Create marketing relationships – you can promote your blogs by hiring influencers, and bloggers or you can engage in the guest blogging.
4. Invest in paid marketing – consider using paid advertisements such as Video Ads on Facebook, Carousel Ads on Instagram, Promoted pins on Pinterest, etc.
Blog Conversion Rates Issue Takeaways
Optimizing your blog post for higher conversion rates can be time-consuming and challenging, but it is worth the effort.
When you add it all up, blogs can be a substantial part of your business’s success and a great way to impose yourself as the authority in your field of expertise.